Insect stings and bites

  • Post comments:0 Comments

Some types of stings are venomous and some are non-toxic.

The sting is usually caused from the attack of a poisonous insect, such as a bee or a wasp. The insect uses it as a defense method by injecting poisonous and painful fins into the body, while the sting of a non-poisonous insect pierces the skin to feed on blood. This usually causes severe itching.

Main symptoms:

Intense, bothersome itching

The bite may appear as a small, raised, red spot

  • The urge to scratch usually results in an open sore that may become infected and take a longer time to heal.


  • The area should be cleaned with an antiseptic and an ice or cold substance applied to reduce pain and swelling
  • To get rid of the annoying itching associated with a pinch, a topical antihistamine such as Histafin is used several times daily.

What is Histaffin?

Active Ingredients:


It is an antihistamine medication used for allergy symptoms such as insect bite itching or mild burns

Mechanism of Action:

  • By inhibiting the binding of histamine to the LH1 receptors, which reduces the symptoms associated with allergies.
  • Histafin reduces vasodilation of histamine and increases capillary permeability, and is rapidly absorbed through the skin.


What are its most important uses?

It is used topically to relieve pain and itching associated with:

Insect bites

Minor wounds


Rash and skin irritation

Number of times to use:

Three to four times a day.


  • Easy to use
  • Fast acting
  • It does not contain cortisone
  • Its size is very suitable, easy to carry

Its pointed head for ease of movement and use, as well as to reduce the use of fingers and the transmission of infections.


How to use Histafen?

1- Clean the affected area well

2- Let it dry

3- Then apply the medicine gently until most of it is gone

4- Use enough histaffin to cover the affected area

5- Hands should be washed after applying the medicine.


  • Chickenpox or measles
  • Children under two years of age unless directed to do so by a doctor.

Storage method:

Keep this medicine tightly closed and out of the reach of children.

Store it at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). The spray is flammable. Keep it away from flame and extreme heat.

It is important to keep all medicines out of sight and reach of children


Leave a Reply